The Toothbrush Breakdown: Manual vs. Electric
Here at Briggs Family Dentistry, our Scottsdale dentists have some facts that may help you decide for yourself.
Pros and Cons of Manual Brushes
• Low Price: The affordability of the manual brush makes it easy to replace often. Your brush should be replaced whenever the bristles become worn.
• Better Control: A manual brush offers better control to the user. Those with very sensitive teeth or other mouth problems often prefer this brush.
• A Bit Boring: Those trying to get their children to brush may find the manual brush a little too boring to keep them interested. Children may develop better brushing habits with a more exciting electric brush.
Pros and Cons of Electric Brushes
• Easier Brushing: Because an electric brush essentially does all of the work for you, it’s the perfect choice for people with various physical ailments. Those who suffer from conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis may achieve better brushing with less pain.
• More Effective: Many people feel that they maintain a cleaner, healthier mouth with the use of an electric brush. With the ability to clean your teeth with thousands of strokes per minute, it’s possible that it may keep your mouth cleaner.
• Higher Price: You can expect to pay much more for an electric brush than a manual brush. This can make it more difficult to replace your brush as often as necessary.
Make an Appointment at Our Scottsdale Dentist Office Today
In general, you’ll be able to keep your teeth healthy with either of these toothbrushes when you brush regularly and well. You can also protect your teeth with a visit to our Scottsdale dentists every six months.
Just contact us here at our Scottsdale dentist office, and our friendly staff members will be happy to set up an appointment for you at your earliest convenience.